Pain – is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage and the simultaneous reaction of the body to protect it from exposure to a pathogenic factor. This definition emphasizes how real physical, emotional and subjective nature of pain.
Classification of pain:
I. At the pathophysiological mechanisms
1. Nociceptive pain
a) somatic (sensitive nerves passed)
-glubokaya (ligaments, muscles, tendons, joints, bones, blood vessels).
b) visceral (autonomic nerves is transmitted)
2. Neuropathic pain
a) peripheric (zabolevonie damage or roots, of peripheral nerve plexus or ganglion vegegtativnyh)
b) the central (due to brain damage or brain snippogo, or the formation of the phantom “hearth” in the cerebral cortex; example – thalamic pain, phantom pain, post-stroke pain, multiple sclerosis).
3. Psychogenic pain (diagnosed in the absence of organic disease, or when it can not be explained by the nature and severity of pain is chronic and occurs against a background of depression, hypochondria, anxiety, phobias).
4. Mixed pain (a combination of various types of pain)
II. By duration
III. According to the etiology
1) physiological – emerges as an adequate response to the damaging factor.
2) pathological – occurs when the nervous system or the action of damaging factors.
a) a benign
3. Idiopathic pain (not an established cause)
IV. According to the anatomical localization.
A visual 10-point scale for the objectification of the severity of pain